Sunday, January 1, 2017

I walked a mile!

Yesterday, it took about 40 minutes to complete two laps around our neighborhood block, so what I was doing looked far more like an old guy shuffle than a walk, but completing a full mile all in one go by the end of the year was a small goal I'd set for myself, so I just kept going and going and going.

Pretty sore this morning, so I went for a standard two-hour workout (hair of the dog so to speak) consisting of high-stepping back and forth across the exercise room multiple times, ascending flights of steps, completing a series of leg, arm, and torso calisthenics, and then stretching to increase range of motion in these thick and stiff ankles.

This afternoon I've had feet/ankles elevated and iced for a couple of hours to reduce pain and limit swelling.  I'll take the day off tomorrow to let things settle before going through the same drill again, and again, and again, . . .  walk one day, work-out the next day, recover the following day, . . . a little further, a little faster, more reps, etc.  At some point I'll add elevation and pack weight, but first I just need to develop a better/faster walking gate.

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment