Wednesday, June 28, 2017

It's been a year (tomorrow)!

A close friend emailed me early this week wondering whether the anniversary date is getting close and I realized that yes, it is either June 30th (this coming Saturday) or tomorrow (the last Thursday in June), . . . right around the corner in either case. 

Thursday morning feels like the more appropriate marker as it aligns with last year’s weekly routine, so I’ll drop by Vertical World tomorrow first thing for a moment of silent reflection and thanks giving.  If you haven't yet, you should visit Vertical World's website sometime to get a sense of their amazing climbing walls.

I have experienced further improvement in walking gate smoothness and speed in the last week or so after starting a very modest course of aspirin in the AM and PM.  I happened to be reading something that indicated aspirin is excellent for reducing inflammation and joint pain, and after restarting with it (and bumping up dosage slightly to AM &PM) I noticed immediate improvement.  My left ankle hasn’t looked this svelte in months, and I can step right through the ankle bend with nary a twinge.  Pretty cool.

Last week I had the last visit with the spine surgery team (one year hence), and they were all "your healed, get out of here!" They still warn that because fewer vertebra are carrying the bending/twisting load there's a likelihood that they will need to fuse the next one down in 10 years or so.  I asked, and they indicated that strong core muscles will slow the degradation, . . . 10-minute abs here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment