Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Getting ready to return to work

Yesterday Marijane, Marie and I hopped aboard Metro and did a dry run of my commute from the Landmark to my new workplace.  We took the 40 bus from Leary Way to downtown Fremont and then transferred to the 75 which took us to our final destination. The trip took about an hour (about 30 minutes in a car).  Marijane and Marie visited the final destination last weekend to evaluate possible wheelchair roadblocks and we ended up finding a safe way from the bus stop to the front door of my new workplace.

I have become adept at maneuvering my motorized wheelchair into the wheelchair accessible space at the front of the Metro buses such that I am able to raise my feet and lower my back and head to keep my feet as close to the level of my heart as possible which is what the doctors want. However to the other folks on the bus it looks like I'm totally chilling out.

Thankfully the dress code at this new workplace is pretty casual and that's good because for the next 6 months it's going to be pullover shirts and shorts for this young man!


No comments:

Post a Comment