Monday, August 15, 2016

My new ride

Two weeks ago we began speaking with a wheelchair company representative about my needs going forward for the next six to eight months and we came up with the specifications for a fairly fancy motorized wheelchair.  The wheelchair company submitted a claim to our insurance and ordered fabrication of the wheelchair.

On Friday of last week we received pre-authorization from our insurance company to receive the wheelchair and simultaneously the wheelchair arrived at the wheelchair company facility close by.

This afternoon at 2:30 p.m. we have an appointment with the wheelchair company technician to be introduced to this fantastic new enabler of freedom and mobility.  We will be going on a series of practice outings for the remainder of the week, and if all goes as expected then from this afternoon onward I will be able to go just about anywhere that is wheelchair accessible in Seattle!  Yahoo!!

Of course I'll have to give my new mount a fitting name. I'll wait several days to allow us a chance to get to know one another and then will come up with something.

Looking forward to being a little saddle sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment