Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Mountaineers

They say never mix work with pleasure but I just couldn't resist.

Joining the Mountaineers staff as director of operations is a dream job for me. I love what the Mountaineers stands for and how it goes about moving forward towards achieving its mission and vision. In my mind the Mountaineers organization is one of a kind in the world, and I am consistently amazed by the volunteer ethos continually exhibited by the 500+ people who pay it forward year-in year-out without a second thought.

I have come to know their motivation. We share a love for exploring beautiful natural places and we gain great pleasure from enabling others to safely venture into these realms to establish their own connection. This is a rare and beautiful gift freely given to over ten thousand members which replicates endlessly throughout the outdoor community. There are countless instances where Mountaineers meet others in need and offer their assistance without regard to the impact on there own adventure.

Then there is everything the Mountaineers does to support conservation of our beautiful natural places as well as outreach to youth who might not otherwise have access to these special places.  I feel so fortunate to be part if an organization with these lofty goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment