Sunday, August 14, 2016

The week before the fall

Naturally the week before the fall was a busy week: standard Ashby protocol. The prior weekend we had climbed Black Peak's North East Ridge and it was fantastic.

However taking the weekend to climb put me behind schedule on wrapping up a six month DIY project (+300 hour invested thus far) for my daughter's birthday that Tuesday. I basically pulled all-nighters Sunday night and Monday night to get done on time, and of course I made it. I was able to catch up on sleep to some extent on Tuesday and Wednesday night but I was still a little groggy on Thursday morning.

Also I needed to prepare for the coming weekend's climb of Tupshin, Devore and Flora. I needed to do more research on available beta and begin getting my gear together Thursday afternoon. One other pressing matter was a job interview scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
Hence, on Thursday morning there was a lot going on and I found myself in a bit of a hurry and a little distracted and probably a little mentally tired from the all-nighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment